Thursday 20 March 2008

Day For Airstrikes and Hail Brethren - House Show - 24/05/08

This is gonna be rammed, so it is very important that you let me know if you're going to be coming, and ask me if it's okay to bring friends etc. It's going to be for me and Ian (from DFA)'s birthdays, which are actually the week before but some people are going to be lucky enough to be at All Tomorrow's Parties, and Mike (from HB)'s birthday, which is actually on this day. Since space is extremely limited in my basement, please don't just be turning up on the day. I can't emphasise that enough.

Anyway, Day For Airstrikes might even have their new album out in time for this, which I have the privelage of releasing on LP. If it's ready, it's gonna be the best birthday present ever! All the new songs I've been hearing are really stupidly brilliant, with all the usual post-rock elements but with some really cheeky Yes style moments thrown in. I met someone at a house party a couple of weeks ago who was really surprised to find out they were playing at my house, because he thought they were a pretty well known band after downloading Secret Whale and liking it so much, and that's their first EP! It's only gotten better since then, and they should be as famous as he thought they were, but alas they aren't. Yet.

Hail Brethren were formed with a huge amount of influence from one of my favourite bands in the world, End Of A Year, and they're not too far off their style. Think Rites Of Spring era emo. They just recorded their debut album a few days ago, and from what I've heard on the myspace it's going to be an absolutely crucial release. I actually can't wait to see them. They're current and ex-Run Like Hell; Anxiety Attack; Calculon; Hammers; Dreams Are Free, Motherfucker!; Cash For Your Stories and much much more.

There's a chance there'll be another band playing but I need to work out times and stuff. It'll probably start fairly early so it can finish early and hopefully not cause any disturbance to neighbours and stuff. I'll be going round asking for donations for the bands, please be generous!

No comments: